Daytime Astronomy

Daytime Astronomy

Welcome Forums CAS Forum General Discussion Daytime Astronomy

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Skyraider 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

marsbase
    Participant

I tried an experiment to see if I could see objects during the day. I left my scope on last night so I could use the goto to locate objects. I found Jupiter, Saturn and Venus. This is a photo of Jupiter by just putting my camera up to the eyepiece. I could still see the bands but not the moons. Saturn was dim but you could see the rings. Venus was bright. This was at 8:00am when the sun was up. Maybe we have an alternate astronomy hobby 🙂

marsbase
    Participant

You can just make out Saturn.

marsbase
    Participant

Venus is bright.

Fred

Another example of PDS. It’s infecting other forums now.

bigstape
    Participant

I’ve seen stars in my 12″ during the day.

Dave Mitsky
    Participant

I’ve observed quite a few of the planets and a number of first-magnitude stars during broad daylight.  Stars to magnitude three should be visible with enough aperture.

Skyraider

Daytime observing that is not the sun…not too shabby! I actually remember a similar observation that was of the Moon and Saturn. They were in the same field and getting closer as dawn approached so I continued to observe the conjunction well after sun rise. I noticed that as the skies got brighter ( but still before the sun came up) the view became more pleasing as the glare was cut down. It was really different looking in the eyepiece and seeing BLUE instead of black.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.