December 2018 Dark Sky Window

December 2018 Dark Sky Window

Welcome Forums CAS Forum Observing December 2018 Dark Sky Window

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Fred 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Celestro21
    Participant

Igor want to go to hawk mountain. Less dew and one of the other guys are going there.

Bob Jorgenson
    Participant

I’m planning in BMVO Friday. My wife Erin wants to photograph the comet.

Celestro21
    Participant

Some of us for HWM. Anyone else. Anything to beat cold feet lol

Galaxyman
    Participant

Chris and I are planning on HMS with 16″ and 22″ respectively. Going for a couple SN’s

Skyraider

BMV is on my radar if it is clear…although Highknob is also tempting, but that is unlikely due to work schedule.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Skyraider.

Fred

Monday and Tuesday nights look to have possibilities for favorable observing conditions but I’ll likely keep it more local. Maybe ChesLen on Tuesday night (if I really want to just stay local and if I can get permission for access AND if I can confirm the parking lot lights situation) but FCSP or SOS could be in play, also.

Celestro21
    Participant

Hey Fred I can do possibly Monday night at French Creek. Let me know.

Fred

Sure, but Monday isn’t likely for me as I already have a full day planned from 7AM Monday and I might have jury duty on Tuesday (doubtful considering my work background), so Tuesday looks better suited for my schedule because I want to get the 18″ out again.

Celestro21
    Participant

I have to see about Tuesday night as Wednesday I have to be in the lobby working second shift and I’ll be tired. Do you have a few others going there?

Fred

Jack and I aren’t up for a long drive so I got the OK from Kris(sp?) at the FCSP ranger station for a Tuesday night observing session but we’d have to use the open field between the ranger station and the lake. She confirmed that there are no lights there and that it’s dark there.

Jack and I plan on grabbing a pre-session bite at the Liberty Tavern in Eagle, PA at a TBD time.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  Fred.

Celestro21
    Participant

Hi Fred. That area is the playground behind the office. It’s pretty dark there at night. There us only on light that shines in the employee parking lot but I don’t think it will interFer much with observing since trees cover it. The only problem will be people who may drive to the back of the parking lot you will be at to make a turn around or explore. But I honestly don’t think you’ll have much problem there. U can call FC and ask if you can close the gate temperarily just so no one disturbs you

Fred

The forecasts are deteriorating and I have to report for Jury Duty at 8:30AM tomorrow. I’m glad I didn’t load the car this afternoon.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.