January 2019 Dark Sky Windows

January 2019 Dark Sky Windows

Welcome Forums CAS Forum Observing January 2019 Dark Sky Windows

This topic contains 51 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Skyraider 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Celestro21
    Participant

Skyraider I would love to but I’m just to tired to travel up there. I’m hoping Thursday will be nice

Celestro21
    Participant

Thursday saying mostly clear skies. Anyone wants to give it a go before the moons grows big and destroys the night.

Galaxyman
    Participant

I might head to Hawk Mountain Thursday. Depends a lot on winds and sky conditions.

Celestro21
    Participant

Ok sounds good

Fred

Friday night looks favorable for ChesLen. I’ll ask the preserve manager about access. I want to get my new mount (Skywatcher AZ-GTi) out with the 80mm. Maybe add the 115 into the mix on the CG5, too, or my Oberwerks, or my C8.

ps: Observing Report from last Sunday.

Fred

Greg Lee, Jack G and I are on for ChesLen tonight. Greg and I are meeting at Hank’s at 5PM for a pre-session bite and then we should be at ChesLen’s Lenfest Center between 6:30-7PM. Clouds are expected after 11PM so I suspect it’ll be a short session. The feel-like temps will be in the teens!!!! I’m bringing the SV115ST25/CG5ASGT.

Note that new security procedures are in play at the Lenfest Center as follows:  The gate is programmed to close at 5:00PM. To enter, I must enter the code and the gate will open and hold the gate in the open position.  Once everyone arrives, I then must enter the code again to hold it closed while we are observing.  The gate automatically opens when cars approach it to leave. So, if anyone plans to go, please, email, call or text me ASAP with your ETA.

Skyraider

If I head out I will go for Hawk Mountain

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.