Sunday August 26 th at 7:00 pm Monthly Meeting

Sunday August 26 th at 7:00 pm Monthly Meeting

Welcome Forums CAS Forum Meetings and Events Sunday August 26 th at 7:00 pm Monthly Meeting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gastronaut 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Skyraider

Skyraider

I am REALLY looking forward to this presentation!

rob from altair
    Participant

Wow – me too!  Great job getting this one.  Should we advertise this?  I could put this out to some of the media outlets I send to for SF.   We should at least post on FB.

Rob

Skyraider

Rob,

I just sent an email to my contact for Bob Button asking that very question. Bob may want to present to a smaller audience. Once I hear back from my contact, I will let you all know. IF Bob would prefer presenting to a larger crowd and we promote this more openly, we may have to figure out a way to get a microphone. Bob has been promoting NASA since the Mercury program, so I want to make sure the experience is not inconvenient for him and that he enjoys sharing as much as we enjoy listening.

I also get concerned with the “Facebook Effect”…what happens if we get interest like we did at that French Creek Star Party that went viral? How many people can we really entertain at the Crow’s Nest without potentially wearing out out welcome?

Just some thoughts…

I will keep you all posted.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Skyraider.

Skyraider

So I was able to speak with my contact for Bob Button today and the verdict is “The more people who come to listen the BETTER”, and no need to worry about a microphone as Bob prefers to speak with out one. So feel free to share this with friends, family, and other astronomy clubs!! After speaking to my contact today, I am hoping we have a great crowd.

Skyraider

Hoping lots of folks can make it out tonight!!

Fred

I have a few of the DASers coming up with me and maybe in a second car, too.

Dave Mitsky
    Participant

Hearing Mr. Button’s anecdotes about the astronauts last night was immensely entertaining.

Doc gave a great demonstration about his newest telescope, an airline-transportable 12.5″ Teeter Journey Dob.

https://www.teeterstelescopes.com/journey-travelscope

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dave Mitsky.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dave Mitsky.

Gastronaut
    Keymaster

To All,

Here is a link to photos of my new Journey-Air taken by Rob Teeter during construction showing well the removable Mirror Cell and other construction features:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k5ubtmlb9w9w2el/AAC89z4-OH_zSIUfR0-v-R5da?dl=0

Gastronaut

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gastronaut.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.